Monday, February 1, 2010

Meet Mr. Johann Binks

Henry and I were bored on Thursday night and decided that we needed a pet. Since we both are allergic to cats, dogs, birds and horses, we decided the only option was a fish. I've never had a fish before but was excited about the idea of buying one. We first went to Petco who had a terrible selection of sickly looking fish. We ended up going to Denny's Pet World. They were extremely helpful and showed us a half a dozen tanks to pick from. Henry and I went back and forth about which kind we wanted, Beta, Goldfish, Googly Goldfish etc. He wanted one the ones with googly eyes but they're pretty ugly! Plus they have trouble finding their food. If we were going to get a fish, doggonit, I wanted a cute and intelligent one. I ended up picking the species we wanted and Henry picked the fish.

So, meet the newest addition to our "family." Mr. Johann Binks!



I'm happy to say that he's still alive even after 5 days. If you read my post about our inability to keep any living thing alive (plants) then you should be proud he has made it this long! I think Mr. Binks is beginning to like us now since he no longer is scared of people near his bowl.

Ok, ok I won't keep going on about a FISH. But, if i could write this much about a fish, think about a length of blog posts when I have kids someday. Yikes, scary!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely name for a fish! We had four of those in our pond in Eagle and eventually they learned to eat out of our hands. I loved those fish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I LOVE the name! Congrats on your new member to your family : )

    ReplyDelete