Reasons to keep your ankles healthy
1. I can’t wear cute boots. Even if they have a side zipper, my poor ankle can’t bend at that angle. I try to try them on EVERY time I’m shoe shopping hoping that one pair will work but am left envying all the cute boots everyone else seems to wear.
2. I can’t walk up steep inclines correctly. I have to give myself a temporary club foot since, once again, I don’t have any range of motion. Doesn’t sound too bad until walking with my foot perpendicular to my hip means hurt kneecap. Pick one, which do you value more, your ankle or knee?
3. One word – cankle. There is nothing good looking about permanently fat ankle.
4. I sound like Rice Krispies when I walk – snap, crackle, pop.
5. I can’t play soccer anymore. I did try to come out of retirement last spring and if you missed the pictures of the aftermath, I suggest you scroll through my posts and look. Happy to say I’m back in retirement.
6. Ankle surgery – my family can vouch that was not a fun experience. Lots of vomiting and whining. But being in a wheelchair was super awesome for awhile!
Reasons to hurt your ankle
1. Being able to accurately predict a thunderstorm in your joint – no joke!
2. Having tons of cool scars to tell your grandkids about someday
3. Having your ligaments tightened so much your ankle feels like it is always wrapped with athletic tape
No comments:
Post a Comment