Sunday, September 11, 2011

What did YOU do on Sunday morning?

Me? I ran my first 10K!

It was a beautiful morning and the race was around Green Lake (twice). Race started off pretty well, there were LOTS of little kids who were in our ways, but once the 5K racers finished there were just a handful of 10K people who kept going. The person who won the 10K finished when we hit the 5K mark. This girl finished in under 35 minutes. Holy smokes that’s fast. I was a little perturbed because seriously, if you’re that good, then why are you running in a novice race? Anyways, I’m so proud of Sara and I!

The thing that tickled me the most was the people with signs and cheering us on. The best was an old guy who ran counterclockwise while we were running clockwise. His sign said “Good job to all you complete strangers!” It totally made us smile. It was also funny to hear people say “good job runners” since I have never considered myself to be a “runner” before.

Survived it and already signed up for another one next month.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Now go get your craft on and make yourself a runners medal case for that!

    PS adorable outfit you thin little thing!

    ReplyDelete