It started off with a door to door shuttle service dropping me off at work (Henry's Cab Service). I worked hard all morning because I was able to get the afternoon off. Then Sara and I went to a French cafe and had a fun lunch. Next, I met Henry at the Bravern to Hot Stone Massages, such a treat! Afterward, we came home and relaxed. Then we went out to dinner. Although Henry's pick was closed for a wedding reception (ugh) we went to my favorite Mexican Spot (Rosita's). Afterward, we were both tired so we came home for some delicious cake. Henry's interpretation of candles was definitely challenging and I'll need to start training for increased lung capacity for next year. After we ate cake (and lots of it), we watched Secretariat which was a phenomenal movie.
Saturday, we went to a Japanese garden and wandered and checked out the cool koi pond. Other then that, we just enjoyed a relaxed day.
Sunday, we got up early and went and hiked Snow Lake. Even though there were hordes of people, we really enjoyed ourselves and the view. On the way back down, we found huckleberries! Henry thought I was crazy when I whipped out the peanut buttery sandwich bags to collect them. I probably got about half a cup and graciously made Henry huckleberry pancakes the next morning. Anyways, returning to chronological order, I picked some huckleberries and we headed to the Mercer Island Farmer's Market.
The reason I took Henry to the Farmer's Market is that last week I took an ice cream making class. Then, Henry bought me another ice cream maker (I got one for my birthday from him a few years ago and proceeded to break it) BUT the teacher of the class has an ice cream truck and makes quite possibly the best ice cream I've ever tried. So we stopped to get ice cream at the ice cream truck that blew my mind. After we digested our ice cream cones, we went out to a burger restaurant in Seattle. Henry and I have been on a quest for the best Seattle burger this summer. Although this wasn't the winner, we really enjoyed the nice patio with a view of the Space Needle.

All in all, it feels pretty good to be another year older! I think it only cost me about 5 lbs.
Looks like an awesome weekend! Happy Birthday Cari Mari!
ReplyDelete