Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surgery Update

Be warned, I'm including a post op photo in this post. It's not bad, but just thought I should warn people so there's no surprises!

Thank you to all for the support (and flowers!) for my recent surgery. The surgery went well.

The hospital was a revolving door of nurses and anesthesiologists, I think I had 6-8 nurses trading off in the 6 hours I was there. The first anesthesiologist promised me she'd give me some pain killers before I woke up but with the switch of anesthesiologist, some wires got crossed and I woke up with no painkillers. Two IV units of morphine later, I was feeling MUCH better. They took me to recovery where my mom and Henry got to come back and see me in my fabulous hospital gown. Apparently the nurse told me I couldn't sign any legal papers that day, to which I announced "Sorry Henry, I can't marry you today." I don't remember saying this, but I guess at least my mom had a good chuckle.

My mom and Henry have been giving me the royal treatment, not quite the royal wedding treatment I watched on TV this week, but some good TLC nonetheless. My mom and I contemplated waking up for the live Royal Wedding, but when the time came, sleep seemed way more important - which ended up being ok, because I think I've watched every Royal Wedding show on every channel imaginable. I even stooped so low to watch some fashion police Royal Wedding special with Joan Rivers. That was a real low point in which I reached for a book instead.

A few more days of resting and reading before I head back to work! Thanks again to everyone, I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea it was going to be such a gnarly surgery! Glad you are feeling better! Your post made me giggle as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Cari I'm so dumb I didn't realize they would slice your neck open!!! You poor POOR thing! I'm so glad you get some more time to rest. And you know what I think about the royal wedding business? Watch on! Love it.

    Thanks Henry and Janet for taking good care of this deserving girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness.... Im glad you made it through that well! That is a cool battle wound, you can come up with some great stories with that one! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete