Monday, July 6, 2009
Cakes Galore!
Caused by my infinite boredom and craving for knowledge, I signed up for Cake Decorating classes. Today was my first day and I thought I was getting a great deal only having to shell out $12.50 for 4 2-hour classes. Well, that was BEFORE the supplies which cost $60. Money beside, the class was a lot of fun. Here's my first attempt at decorating a cake. Yes, it's simple, but it had to be 4th of July Themed (Happy Belated Independence Day everyone). Much to Henry's dismay, I have to bake a practice cake a week for the next month. They will not be aesthetically pleasing since they are for practice, but I need to recruit some guinea pigs. Anyone want a free cake in the next month?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oooooo I want a cake when I come visit! Hmmm have it be an elk themed cake, Matt would appreciate that one : )
ReplyDeleteLol good work Cari! What a cool thing to know how to do! Post some of the stuff they teach you so that poor starving students can learn a thing or two w/o having to pay $60 in supplies! However, I may need to invest in a new frosting knife since I recently bent mine up in order to use it as a palate knife for painting. whoops.
ReplyDelete