Saturday, June 27, 2009

R.I.P Dead Bird in the Closet

First my Plumeria Plant, then Michael Jackson and now a dead bird in the closet. Henry and I decided to do a little Spring Cleaning. We started inside and cleaned the closets, rearranged the kitchen and were really on a roll. Well the first little bump in the road came when I dropped a can of paint on the floor (which exploded)! To make matters worse, it was chocolate brown chalk board paint. We'll just call that a clumsy blond moment.

After we cleaned up the mess (yes, Henry was nice enough to help me do that) I decided to tackle the closet on our balcony. I was leaning over digging through a bunch of junk humming some Vanilla Ice to myself and when I was about to the chorus, WHOA there's a dead bird next to my hand. It totally surprised me, and anyone who knows me knows that I'm an animal lover. Seeing this dead bird caused me to royally freak out. I was extremely distraught because, in my mind, I had somehow killed this poor, helpless bird by locking him in our closet. I came inside, visably upset, and told Henry about the situation (ok, ok, there MIGHT have been some tears involved). He was not to happy needless to say, since it was quite obvious I would be giving up my 1/2 cleaned closet project. However, he was a good sport but I nixed the idea of throwing it over the balcony and letting our 87 year old neighbor Ruby deal with it. I found a styrofoam cooler for a proper sarcophagus and by the time Henry got the dead bird in his burial vessel, I was hiding in the hallway making ewwing and screeching noises (ok, there still MIGHT have been more tears involved). Although Henry was doing a great job of trying to cheer me up, it wasn't working knowing that I murdered an innocent little bird. At that moment, Henry bursts into song singing the Circle of Life from the Lion King and tells me to repeat "I'm sorry bird for your untimely death." So while he's bringing the dead bird through, Henry is belting out a Disney song in a rather high octive and I'm crying and appologizing to the bird. Later that day, we found holes in our siding. It wasn't my fault after all and I can now sleep sound at night knowing that it was not me that caused bird to expire. P.S. ANOTHER bird got in, but we let it out and Henry was kind enough to block their entrance.

1 comment:

  1. LOL that is a Great story! Good laughs, awe I miss you Cari

    ReplyDelete