Friday, June 12, 2009
The Claw
While in Hawaii, I bought a Plumeria branch to grow my own Plumeria tree. Immediately after returning from vacation, I planted the unattractive stick in a festively Hawaiian hand painted (by myself of course) terracotta pot. I figured the waves, flowers and dolphin on the pot would give the Plumeria plant a sense home, and thus, grow faster. Plumeria trees are my kind of plant because they require little care. However, weeks went by and no progress was made. Well within the last few weeks, it started to grow! Henry is scared to death of the plant and is worried it will somehow inch it's way to the bedroom and attack him while he's sleeping. I put my Gardenia plant next to the Plumeria tree so they could keep each other company and within a few days, all the flowers fell off of the poor Gardenia plant. Henry thinks that the Gardenia plant was so scared of "the Claw" that it died. Although everyone is laughing at my unattractive and kind of creepy plant, I'll have the last laugh when you come to visit and I'm wearing a fragrant and beautiful Hawaiian lei with the flowers produced from "the Claw!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes. that is absolutely hideous, utterly frightening. I feel bad for henry.
ReplyDelete